Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bay-formers?Transformers in Disguise.

I watched Transformers tonight for the second time. I haven't seen it since I saw it in the cinema and once more I am thoroughly impressed. Man, and I thought the 1986 cartoon movie was Kick-ass!

I have to say though that..whoops. I should probably warn you that if you haven't seen the movie by now (Pffft, What?!) that there will be spoilers ahead. So if you want your "Transformers" virginity to remain intact then stop reading now and go to another blog.

Anyway, as I was saying to those of you who haven't seen the movie, I thought that Jazz made a better call than Optimus. Sacrilege I know, but let me justify it.
When Bumblebee is capture by the sector seven agents, along with Sam and Mikaela, Jazz wants to go after them. Optimus disagrees and, essentially, pulls rank stating that they could not rescue their comrades without harming the sector seven agents.

LIES.

A scene earlier The Autobots rescued Sam and Mikaela from the sector seven agents without using any force. Jazz just took their weapons from them using magnetism. I see no reason why they couldn't have done this a second time. Of course, I'm not saying that there wouldn't have required more tactics due to the helicopters and such but c'mon, Giant Freakin' Robots against Puny Helicopters! The Autobots could easily have incapacitated them without harming the pilot. Just grab them!

I guess that didn't matter to Optimus. I mean, that had what they had come for. They got the glasses and the map to "The Cube". You ruthless Bastard, Optimus.

Conversely, if they had listened to Jazz, the Autobots would've been up a man to take on Megatron and the other Decepticons. There would have been no need to go to the bother of rescuing Bumblebee because he wouldn't be in need of rescue and subsequently would've been able to rush out of the Hoover Dam with the "all-spark" before the Decepticons even knew they were there. They would also have been able to plan an assault against Megatron with the newfound time.

Another Criticism I have of the movie is...Why the fuck is Scorponok a Mini-con released by Blackout?!

In the Cartoon Scorponok was the Size of a city. A City! And now he's reduced to minion status? For Shame Michael Bay! And for Shame again for deeming that abomination to be Ravage! Especially since Ravage is a mini-con released by Soundwave who isn't even in the movie. Why not throw Laserbeak out there as a fucking Robotic Squirrel while you're at it?!

I dunno, I really enjoyed the movie. It was great to see a live action incarnation of my childhood heroes but I can't help but see the flaws. It's who I am. Michael Bay better oull something out of his ass for the second movie.

And it better not be shit.

No comments: