Thursday, December 27, 2007

Shit Stephen's Night

I haven't posted anything for a while. At least nothing particularly interesting. As such I will try and make this post as exciting and dynamic as possible.

As you may or may not know, Christmas has come and gone. My parents were good to me, as was my sister. My personal favourite gift being the Trilby hat that my sister got me.
Now that that's out of the way I can get onto talking about the post title.

Last night was St. Stephens night or "boxing" night for those of you from England. If you're a regular reader of this blog then you will know that I am currently pursuing a certain young woman. Last night I went out specifically to meet her. We were supposed to meet at 8.30,she arrived after a nail-biting 30 minutes. I grabbed a pint before she rang me asking if I were actually in the pub. I replied "of course" and she hung up before entering the bar. "Typical Woman" I thought, "always wanting to be fashionably late". So,upon her arrival we indulged in small talk before going into our usual intense discussion of all things personal, by which I mean the analysis of personalities. Generally each others. I love that.

So we moved from "The Wicked Chicken" where we had met and moved to "Mojo's" where we were to meet one of her friends.More drinks were had here. We were getting a bit closer here, more comfortable around one another. She was hugging me, it was nice. We stayed there for quite a while. She drank a good bit.I kept up. When she did shots, she noticed me smiling at her. "Stop Judging me!","Why would I judge you?","Because you're human!","touchée". So we both did a shot of Jagermeister. We stayed on after all of her friends had left for another drink, just talking. When we left I had my arm around her and she was leaving it there. Obviously she had no problem with it.

And so, on we went to the Legendary "Costelloes", where an arts student could feel at home. I had my arm around her all the way and had to blag her in because shes' under 21 for which she was thankful. The night went on, more drinks were had and we were out in the smoking area together, post-dance. All I remember is her telling me that her sister thought that I was her boyfriend and then suddenly we were making out!

I have to say, she is absolutely intoxicating. Her aroma, her passion, her Spark. Its all just incredible.

So,we were making out for a while before she realised "I can't, I have a boyfriend!", then we'd start making out again. Every now and again we'd stop,then start again. At one point she said "If I were single yes, Oh God Yes! But I've got a boyfriend! I really REALLY like you...alot! but I love him", and then we recommenced making out.

So I got a little guilty at one of the intervals, or I needed the bathroom or something. Anyway, next time I see her, shes pretty wary of me. Like it was all me! When I tried to find her to tell her I was heading, I couldn't. Now, I don't know for certain, but I think she left before me without saying goodbye. Which isn't nice.

So this morning, I texted her asking her if she got home alright. A little late I know,but still. I got the shortest answer to a text message I had ever gotten from her. This began a really long discussion on what happened and how we feel about the situation. Apparently, we can only ever be friends. Now,I'm sceptical but I'm going to try to respect her wishes. At one point we were talking about breaking contact with one another. When this came up I said "Would you miss me If I weren't around?". She replied "I dunno,probably". I took that as a yes, so I'm sticking around.

She wanted to just ignore that the whole thing even happened but I put it forward that we discuss that whole thing, figure out why it happened. She seemed to be fairly open to that idea. So, at some point I've got to arrange a meeting with this girl to talk about how crazy I am about her.

Or just how Crazy I am.

I don't want to be sane.

No comments: