Saturday, November 24, 2007

Eoghan,Pick Up Artist?

I think this blog title is a little misleading but its the best I could come up with.Right,Anyway,If you remember a few posts back I was at my class party and I met a girl,got her number and such.Since then I've played a gig and had thological run-ins.I also texted that chick,asking her if she wanted to some see me play.It turns out she was going sailing that weekend.Pity that.

I haven't texted her since.Not out of fear or anything.I just don't have anything to say to her.I guess thats not a good sign for a relationship,huh?On the plus side howeve,its been good practise.For now,I have another girls phone number...

A little while ago,my friend Sully and I became members of the UL journo Soc(iety).At our first meeting,which was really bad,I met a girl afterwards and got chatting to her a little before Sully and I left.Outside,away from prying ears,Seán asked me if I were "putting the moves on".To whcih I replied it was more "groundwork" for future moves to be put on.

Last Wednesday night there was another convening of the Journo soc.It was a talk being given by a former UL student.I wasn't really paying attention,my mind was wandering as to whether she would be ther or not.She arrived late.After the talk there was wine,which we all pounced upon.As I took my first sip my face scrunched up in disgust,proclaiming "i didn't think there was such a thing as a bad Chilena Merlot,but apparently I've been proven wrong".At this point a voice behind me pointed out "Do you realise just how camp you sound?".It was her.I laughed,as did she.

So,there I was drinking my red,she, her white and we talked.Oh how we talked.The only time she wasn't giving me her full attention,and indeed,her, my full attention was when she went for a cigarette outside.Which happened about twice over the course of as many hours.Thats not many cigarettes for a smoker!

So,we were talking about rolling machines.You know,"ROLLING" machines.I explained that a friend of mine had one and she pointed out that she also had one:

Me:I'd love to seee one some time...

Her:Maybe I'll show it to you sometime...

[At this point I take my phone from my pocket and slide it over to her]

Me:Well,You should probably put your number in there so that we can make arrangements for a viewing.

__________________________________________________________________________

So,we all decide to retire to Java's,the student Café bar,where she and I talked some more about music.Anyway,she said she needed to go and get the bus home.I told her if she waited two minutes I'd finish my pint and go with her.She waited.I walked her to the bus-stop and before she stepped on she asked me if I would go with her to a houseparty next week.I replied "oooh,I'm going to Cork next weekend...".She said "please come".I said I would.She stepped on th ebus and waved goodbye.I walked home.

Now,Isn't that nice?What a gentleman I am!

I texted her on Friday saying,and I quote:

"I just wanted to say I had a really good time chatting with you the other night.Wanna get a cup of coffee soon?Maybe next weeks more practical."

Her reply was:

"Yeah,I had a good time the other night too.Coffee,or tea,would be good,just let me know where and when!".

So it would appear as though I've got a coffee,or tea, date during the week.

And I couldn't be happier.

No comments: